Sunday 16 March 2008

RIP Motivation

Well as you can see from the title of this post, my motivation has died. I am still in mourning for it so am going through the motions but the reality is I’m going to probably ‘start my holiday early’ in terms of eating and exercising.

In good news however, I have weighed in at 66.7 for the last 2 days so I am officially in the 66s – just not the end I want to be in. I have a weigh day tomorrow then next week I will weigh in on Thursday (a week today) before we leave to Boston. Can I lose 700g (1.5lb) in a week when I’m not really dieting or exercising and have a weekend away in Edinburgh, followed by a dinner out on Monday night, followed by leaving drinks on Tuesday night? Unlikely.

I am just so tired of dieting at the moment. I have been really busy at work and so didn’t go to the gym on Monday or Tuesday night. Then when I got home on Tuesday night (I stayed at work past 8pm) I had 2 large glasses of wine (Cloudy Bay so really its not even my fault). I have been eating well in terms of meals but I have been picking a lot and not counting those points. Is it any wonder I am struggling really. I went to the gym last night and managed half an hour before wanting to die. My legs were tired after about 7 minutes on the cross trainer doing my warm up for goodness sakes! I then did a 10 minute run at my new higher level - 5mins at 9.5, 4mins at 10.0 and 1 minute at 10.5 and I was at the point of collapse by the end of it. I just couldn’t catch my breath so I KNOW I was working hard. Then I did 10 minutes on the rower at level 9 (up from 8) so at least I was working out harder than normal. After my row I sat there just feeling knackered and thought I might as well just have a cool down walk and go home.

So that’s what I did. I had tomato soup for dinner but I accidentally bought the wrong one and it was higher in fat than my normal one (and not even better tasting so BOY was I annoyed) and some little mini bruschettas and called it 13.5pts for the day. I also had a chocolate ‘nest’ with 2 crunchy eggs on top at morning tea time, courtesy of the husband of a girl I work with who loves to bake and loves that we all LOVE his baking. So I couldn’t NOT eat it. It was lovely and I could taste the butter and treacle that held it all together. Called it 2 points but I think that underestimated it by QUITE some way. Oh well.

So this weekend we have Edinburgh. G has a work conference on the Saturday so we’re going up on Friday night and will amuse ourselves that night. On the Saturday I need to find something to do that doesn’t involve spending money or revisiting all the tourist sites I went to when I last went to Edinburgh in 2003. Then on Saturday night it’s a black tie dinner for this work conference thing which will be held at the National Gallery in Edinburgh. It should be nice – a drinks reception where we can wander around with our drinks looking at the paintings, then a sit down dinner. There is a seating plan and it looks like we will be seated with G’s boss but never mind. Then on the Sunday we have the day to ourselves until our flight goes at 4. So I’m not going to have any control over what I eat on the Saturday and I’m going to have to really work hard at not eating the world on the Friday night, Saturday daytime and Sunday day time.

The blacktie dinner thing threw me in to a bit of a frenzy earlier in the week when I thought ‘Faaaaaaaaaark, what am I going to wear???’ I tried on the 3 potentials in my wardrobe which were as follows:
1. the sleeveless black dress from Coast that I wore at my engagement party (size 12). Its cotton, lined, knee length, sleeveless with a v-neck (fairly low) front and back. It is really flattering with seams gathering to the side of the waist to give me a really nice hour-glass shape. It also has fabric flowers sewed on at the sides, front and back to give the dress a bit more interest (they are black and the same fabric as the dress so they’re not really standy-outy they just give it some shape). The problem is, the dress is really light and probably not that appropriate for a winter in Scotland type event. Its also probably a bit low cut to be wearing in front of G’s boss. I would need a wrap or something and I don’t have anything so that’s not really a runner. Am happy that it fits though – the last time I tried it on was for my work Xmas dinner and it was WAY too tight to be decent. So YAY!
2. the black jersey dress from Phase 8 that I wore the Chistmas before last (size12). It has ¾ length sleeves and the top crosses over to form a v-neck (its like a crossover wrap dress but without the tie and the skirt itself doesn’t wrap) and the skirt is sort of flared and goes to the knee. As its jersey, it drapes and clings to the lumps and bumps and as I bought it to wear when I was 65kg there are a few more lumps and bumps than originally. So I would need to buy some Bridget Jones undies to smooth the old silhouette. This is the front runner despite it being perhaps a touch too small.
3. the black polyester slinky material dress I wore to my work Xmas function last year because number (1) was too tight (size 16). Hideous. It was in a sale rack at Wallis and I bought it because I was desperate. It has short sleeves, a v-neck and its sort of empire-line in that the fabric is slightly gathered under the bust with some black beads and then it falls down in folds to sort of mid shin. It wasn’t flattering then and it sure is hell isn’t flattering now. Too big and just hangs in all the wrong places actually making me look bigger.

So dress number 2 it is. I need to buy some sheer stockings and also probably some shoe liners so that my Whistles shoes that I will wear with it (real cute, black, round toe, medium heel with dark green leather flowers attached to the toe) fit better (they are a size too big). So that’s what I’ll wear.

Then Monday night its G’s mother’s birthday dinner. We have a table booked for 9.30pm. Yes, REALLY. So that’s annoying but it is to accommodate G’s brother’s wife who has booked herself on a course that doesn’t finish till 9pm. I was really pushing to have the dinner on the Tuesday night instead (her birthday is the Monday) but she has a real thing about being taken out for dinner on her actual birthday day, so Monday at half past fricking midnight it is. Oh well. We are going to a fancy-pants fish restaurant in Mayfair so hopefully I should be able to eat fairly lightly if I can steer clear of the pudding and don’t drink too much wine.

In wedding news, I am still totally in love with the Stephanie Allin dress ‘Ellie’. I have yet to find a store that actually has it in stock but there is one place in Fulham that can order it in for me to try so I guess closer to the time that will be what I do. I have no idea how much it costs yet and I’m praying its not too far over £2000 which is what I will allow myself to spend on a dress. Her dresses start at £1500 apparently and it doesn’t seem to be one of her more popular designs (which really pleases me) so I may just be in luck.

I really HAVE to address the rest of the save the dates tonight so I can get them sent off tomorrow. We still don’t have quite a few addresses and I’m reluctant to send them out a few at a time, but they are mainly G’s family side so its his tough luck really as he won’t get them sorted out.

Other than that, no other wedding news. Still no idea yet if our friends who recently got engaged, T and J are having a big Australian wedding or just keeping it to family. I mean there is no way really that we can go – especially as they haven’t even given the dates yet, but G is still talking about it like he thinks we might have to. He hates letting people down and has a real thing about not going to things he’s been invited to but in this instance I think it is more likely we would get the ‘politeness invite’ and it would actually be more embarrassing for all if we went than if we didn’t. Time will tell.

No comments: