Saturday 12 January 2008

First weigh in

Am pleased to announce that I lost 2 and a half pounds in my weigh in on Friday. That is a pretty big deal for me as I find it notoriously hard to lose weight in any decent amount. So YAY me. That brings me down to 71.6kg which means a loss of 5.7kg I need to achieve in 10 weeks to make my goal. God I hope I make it. I was looking in my old notebooks from the last time I dieted (oh those heady days of 2006) and at 66kg I was wearing size 10 (ie UK size 14) Gap dark long and lean jeans and feeling pretty fine. So 66kg would rock in the next 10 weeks.

So tomorrow is my birthday and G is taking me out to lunch. I have saved 4 points each day, Mon-Thurs and 1pt last night so have a total of 17 pts saved up. So far today I have had 11.5 points - 2 seeded toast with low fat butter (4), a bagel with salmon and low fat cream cheese (am calling it 6 - sue me) and a half pint of leffe beer (1.5). Tonight we are going to a 40th birthday party of the wife of some guy G went to uni with like a million years ago and hasn't seen since. I'm annoyed about having to go because its cold and in the middle of fucking NOWHERE so we're getting a cab to waterloo and then the half hour train journey to New Malden. Yawn.

But I have presents to open tomorrow so yay. But then I have a 5.30 train to Manchester so boo. Have decided to upgrade to a first class ticket for £15. Its my birthday after all. Am a bit worried about the work I'm going up to deal with actually so its not going to be great. And of course my suits don't fit so I'm wearing a suit jacket and plain black pants so I'm sure going to look all professional. GOD.

So on the wedding front, I'm starting to get a bit spooked about booking things and feeling like I'm running out of time. So that's what I will be concentrating on - a hair person, a makeup person, flowers (have emailed a lady that seems quite popular on the wedding forum I freqent), a DJ and a videographer.

Also I talked to my mother last night and have her the hurry up to get me the guest list of people she wants to invite (or those who she thinks I ought to invite). She is actually remarkably uninterested in the wedding I am finding. Its been like pulling teeth asking her to get me this damn list. Its like she doesn't want to have any family friends there or doesn't want to put them out by travelling to the Hawkes Bay or something. Contrast that with G's mother who wants to invite every person she has ever spoken to.

Right, well better go get ready for this freaking party that I can't be bothered going to. Good times. Oh and for the avoidance of doubt, I will be totally relaxed on the diet tomorrow so hope to God I don't gain this week. And of course expecting my period tomorrow too. Brilliant

WB.

No comments: