Saturday 5 January 2008

So yesterday I was a bit naughty. I woke up feeling REALLY tired and could not get out of bed. I couldn't believe it had only been a 3 day week - next week is going to be a killer.

I was kind of excited to get up though as it was WEIGH DAY! Filled with trepidation, I went to the loo (onesies only - I can't manage twosies until about 10am after I have walked to work, had breakfast and had a cup of coffee), strippd off and stepped on the scales....

So I was slightly off with my estimation that I was 75kg - I came in at 72.8kg. I was pretty fucking pleased to see the '2' in '72' I can tell you. Even though I'm closer to 73 than 72 I'm pretty happy with that result. Well, you know as happy as I can be being a big fucking MOOSE. So I'm about 160.5lb so hopefully next week I'll be in the 150s then I feel like I really will be on my way.

So work was work - pretty busy preparing for a big work event I have coming up next week. I have to go to Manchester for 3 days tomorrow, returning Tuesday night. Then I'm up in Manchester for a whole week the week after so its been a bit hectic at work. I ate well all day (bread roll, ham, pineapple and yoghurt) and was full of good intentions of going to the gym after work. Sadly, my friend V who I work with had other ideas. She was all 'oh I REALLY don't want to go to the gym tonight, its Friday etc etc' and while I completely OWN my caving in, but I think i would have gone to the gym on Friday if, say, V hadn't been at work. But I justified it on the basis that I was tired and feeling kind of sore from the gym the day before (yes, the pitiful 30 minutes I did - but hey it HURT) so we went to the pub for a glass of wine. I had a large glass of chardonnay (250ml = 2.5 points) and I managed to make it last almost TWO HOURS! It was great. V even suggested a second drink but it was getting on for 8pm and the smell of hot chips in the pub was KILLING me so I went home. I made chicken and pasta last night, a little dry if truth be told.

But I am happy to say I did go to the gym today. I was sure I could manage 40 minutes of cardio but after 10mins on the cross trainer (fat burn), 10 minutes on the treadmill (0 incline, 5mins at level 8, 4 minutes at level 8.5 and 1 minute level 9) and then 10 minutes on the bike (random level 9) I was FUCKED. My face was bright red verging on the purple and I was really and knew that I honestly could not do any more so I did a 10 minute cool down walk and called it a day. I'm not going to beat myself up too much about only doing 30 minutes at the moment - I know I can do so much more and it will come.

So I came home and G and I had lunch - baguette and ham and mustard (8 points - eek but tasty!). Then we had the very sad task of taking down our Christmas tree. Saddest EVER. I love Christmas and I LOVE putting up the tree (like most good things in my life it involves Champagne) so taking it down is very sad. And a real drag actually - it took us like 2 hours to do that and tidy up and pack away the ornaments.

So we're now just relaxing. I cooked the rice for the prawn stirfry rice dish I am making tonight. Can't wait to eat it - I'm getting really hungry!!! So far I have had 10.5pts for the day adn 9.5 left, plus the 8.5 I have saved this week. Wine may well be a feature...

No wedding plans at all today but I did think as I was putting away the Christmas stuff that the next time I unpack them all again and put up the tree I am going to be 55kg or at least fricking close and my wedding will feel really close. God, I'm looking forward to it. Not just the day itself but being married and feeling like a 'grown up'. And trying for kids. Oh I can't wait to be a mother. I have always known I wanted kids and G is really keen too (I almost wish the wedding was this March so I didn't have to wait a whole nother year to have a baby).

Annoyingly, if I get pregnant right after the wedding we will have a Christmas baby - not that there is anything wrong with that but we would prefer not to have a Christmas child. It just seems a bit mean somehow. So we're going to, erm, 'throw caution to the wind' on the night of our wedding (if there is caution to be thrown on the night of the wedding - we might be too tired) and the morning after and if we get lucky we get lucky. If not, we won't start trying til about May next year. So that's the plan. Yeah, we like to plan stuff.

No comments: