Thursday 3 January 2008

Getting back to normal

That's how I felt about today, as if I've got back to normal. I'm tired, feel nice and empty and I'm really feeling the cold - situation normal when I'm dieting.

I had a good diet day today and even went to the gym so I'm really pleased with myself. I went after work and managed half an hour of cardio before I was bright red and feeling a little queasy. I did 10 minutes on the cross trainer at 'fat burn' and burnt near to 100 calories so I was working. Then I did 10 minute run, 5 minutes at level 8 and 5 at 8.5. I could feel the fat woggling all over my hips and butt - I was actually UNDULATING. Bloody disgusting. I pity the poor bastard exercising behind me and having to see THAT. Then I did 10 minutes on the bike on random at level 9. That completely wiped me out so I did a 10 minute cool down walk on the treadmill (speed 5.2, gradient 3). And that was that.

I had a good food day too - a cereal bar for breakfast (2 points), an apple for morning tea, a bread roll and sliced chicken for lunch and then a 1.5 pt cereal bar for afternoon tea (I was going to have pineapple and yoghurt but got stuck on the phone at work and couldn't go to the fridge to get them). Then dinner was 3 quorn sausages and veges. I had tinned fruit salad and yoghurt for pudding so have come in at 15 points for the day - another 4 saved.

So this feels a really comfortable pattern to me. These are the foods I eat over and over when I'm dieting. They are simple and low point so I get to eat a lot (which is really important for me because I need to know I can eat a LOT) and I know the points values of them all so I don't feel like I'm guessing and accidentally eating more than I should. Its also been 2 days since I had any wine (believe me, this is HUGE).

Also, my scale arrived today from Amazon. I got the Weightwatchers brand that just tells the weight, none of the fancy BMI stuff but I figured it was less that could go wrong really. Also, just to test the scales I hopped on to them when I got home tonight (after the gym and a lot of water) and I came in at 74.1kg. I had been estimating 75kg so sadly I have not been that far off. Am hoping that when I do my 'official' weigh in tomorrow (Fridays) I will be even less (dare I hope for 73.5kg?) I'll let you know.

Right, well bed is calling me after my long day so I had better call it a night. On a very brief wedding note, the Videographer replied and said he is booked on the day of my wedding - boo!! I now have to try to decide whether or not to see who else is available. I'm kind of not really sold on having a video done and G definitely isn't but has said he would be ok with it if i really wanted it. The reason I chose the guy who is not available as I have heard he was excellent. Not sure I want to risk a really crap video.... Hmm, thought for another day.

Wish me luck for my weigh in!!

No comments: