Wednesday 16 January 2008

Just chugging along

Nothing much to report really, just going through the motions. I woke up feeling completely wiped out this morning and kept pressing 'snooze' on my alarm and then falling immediately back to sleep. I decided as I was walking to where I'm working at the moment and decided that I would take tonight off from exercise because of my sore knees, swollen boobs and period cramps.

Cut to me, sitting at my computer after having done a mini-work out in the hotel gym... I changed my mind a few times throughout the day about whether to work out or not. On the one hand my leg and butt muscles felt a little tender, telling me that I had worked them a little harder than they were used to with the uphill walking I am forced to do as a workout here. On the other hand I am really worried I might continue to damage my knees and actually put myself out of action for longer than I need be.

On balance, I decided I would just do a 40 minute walk on the treadmill, figuring it was better than a kick in the head. Then once I was there my knees felt ok so I stepped it up a notch and did some serious uphill walking for about 40 minutes, taking the gradient up every 5-10 minutes. So I feel happy with that and my knees aren't screaming at me, so I'll call it a success.

Now I'm feeling knackered and am looking forward to dinner which is a salad and sliced chicken (5 pts for both), then marks and spencer spiced rhubarb yoghurt for pudding (very yummy and only 1 pt). So my points for the day will be 17, leaving me 2 to save. I am taking it a bit easier on saving points this week as I don't have any big social occasion this weekend to save for. I find I usually don't spend my points in the week so I really want to concentrate on eating what I am allowed to see if that assists my weight loss. I'm really looking forward to seeing the scales this week as I am hoping for a loss (even though I generally don't lose on week 2) because I may have been retaining water from my period.

So wedding wise, I got an email this morning from the makeup artist that a spa in Napier have recommended as being good and will come to you. She seems good, having run the makeup and hair departments for Channel 9 in Sydney and recently having returned to the HB. She also does hair. So I'll google her and ask around on my bridal forums to see if anyone else has used her etc. She says she also does hair which is great but my problem is there will be 3 of us getting hair and makeup done and if its only her doing all of it, the first person would need to be made up at 6 o'clock in the morning for us all to be done!!

I was also looking at wedding dresses on the net last night. A lot of sites i didn't bother with as the page took so long to load, but I really do like the dresses that Joanna Hehir does (and she is sort of within my price range) so i will definitely go see her. I have kind of an idea in mind of what i think I would like, but as always you need to try things on just to see.

Right, my stomach is growling so it must be dinner time. Until next time...

No comments: