Saturday 16 February 2008

Friday's post...

So the weigh in today was pleasing. 68.5kg. That’s 10 stone 11 or 151lb. I’m nearly out of the 150s. Also, when I was getting dressed for work this morning I was thinking about just trying on my size 14 Zara suit pants – the ones that were too tight to wear the last time I went away for work but I was hoping to be able to wear when I’m away the week after next. I decided, no, don’t try them on until the official trying on session which is going to be next weekend. So I put on my usual size 14 Monsoon trousers and nearly fell over. They looked like hammer pants (can’t touch this). They were huge. And I’d only worn them the day before and I was SURE they didn’t look like that. What the?

So I figured well I’d better try my black Zara pants on because I couldn’t wear those. So I did and while there is slight pulling along the backside-down-in-to-the-crotch area, they fit!! They are wearable! They are in fact being worn as we speak! YAY. Haven’t worn these pants since last November (the 24th in fact) so I’m pleased to be making a little headway. And it means I can finally wear a suit again rather than my suit jackets and clearly non matching trousers. I might look semi-professional!!

So I got to thinking as I was walking to work (wow that was almost a Carrie Bradshaw moment there) – where the hell did that weight go? Cos it was ON me the day before. Its like the Bermuda Triangle of weight (only my weight always comes back, dammit). I know that with me I experience big differences in size between different weights. For example, the period between now (68.5) and Boston (oh please god, 66) is going to be HUGE. I will be fitting stuff I haven’t fitted for ages and it will only be a difference of 2.5kg. Then between 63 and 60 is another big change – at 60 I suddenly feel almost slim. I can only imagine the difference between 60 and my ultimate goal of 55. I will feel waif-like and delicate. And its always only a matter of 2 or 3 kg that makes this difference and it suddenly creeps up on you and you stand in front of the mirror wearing something and go (as I did this morning) WOAH! It’s what I call the ‘woah’ moment when you suddenly see in practical terms, the fruits of your hard labour. I live for woah moments.

So last night I coped well with Valentines Day. I finished the working day on 7 pts (and wasn’t even hungry even though I usually have like 9-10 points during the day) and prepared carrot sticks, celery sticks and sliced red pepper with low fat hummus, tzaziki and salsa for something to nibble on while we had champagne. Then I made honey and mustard glazed chicken on rice with vegetables which we had with a lovely Burgundy. I had also bought weight watchers chocolate mousse for pudding and low fat cheese and crackers and plum chutney but we ended up eating quite late so weren’t actually hungry and didn’t have them. So I finished the whole day on 17.5pts and that is being quite generous. So I’m pleased with that effort. I still have 12.5 points saved for the other 2 social occasions we have this week – going out for dinner tonight with a friend and around to another friend’s place for dinner on Sunday night. I can cope with tonight as I can choose what I eat but eating at someone else’s place is a bit more tricky. Hope its semi healthy. But I’ll go to the gym Saturday and Sunday to minimise the damage.

No comments: