Sunday 10 February 2008

Run, don't walk

I managed a 10 minute run at the gym today and it felt fabulous. Possibly even more fabulous than weighing in at 69.3kg this morning (yeah, I'm giving up beating myself up over checking the scales every day - I'm on a fucking diet, I have to have SOME vices). I started off with a 10 minute session on the cross trainer doing 'fat burn' programme, then a 10 minute run, 5 mins at level 9, 4 mins at level 9.5 then a minute at level 10. God I felt like I was flying and my knees didn't make a single peep. Hurrah. Then 10 minutes on the rower at level 8 (I'm only able to do about 1710 metres in that time, where in the old old days I was up around 1850. Sigh). Then 15 minutes uphill walking starting at incline 7 and going up to incline 14, then 15 minutes on the cross trainer, random programme level 8. I estimated I probably burnt around 600 calories if the machines are accurate (which they're not) in that 60 minutes. Stoked.

I'm still thinking about whether I can make it to the gym 5 times a week from now on until Boston. Problem is, I'm going to be struggling to even get there 4 times next week. I have an after work seminar on Wednesday evening, Thursday is Valentines Day and G and I have decided not to go out this year but to stay home and have nice wine and I'll cook a nice dinner, Friday we're meeting G's best man and hopefully his wife and then Sunday we are going around for dinner at the other groomsman's place. So a busy week and I think I'm going to have to go to the gym twice on the weekend to compensate. My alcohol points are going to be an issue too.

So based on my weight being 69.3, I have lost 3.5kg since the new year. That doesn't seem like much but only about 1.5kg to go before I start to notice a difference in my clothes (it used to be that a 5kg loss for me meant a full dress size. I'm not going to hope that this is still the case, so am just hoping it will mean a real 'woah' moment when I put on some clothes I haven't worn in a while).

Speaking of clothes i haven't worn in a while, I just put my size 32 James jeans on that i bought to go to NZ last February. The zip doesn't even MEET let alone do up. Fuckety fuck. How the hell did I let myself get in THAT state again?? Well, my goal is to be wearing those fuckers in NZ when I go back at the end of June. James Jeans or bust. Game on.

No comments: