Friday 1 February 2008

Weigh in

Yeah well I’m up 200g or nearly half a pound to 70.1kg/11 stone 0.5 pounds/156 pounds (I think, it was like an hour or so ago that I weighed myself and I barely took any notice, so full of disgust was I). I knew I was going to have a gain so I’m not devastated and as far as gains go, 200g is liveable. Its like a burp. I can deal. And it means the Scale Gods might be really good to me next week and give me a nice loss of 1kg to be down around the 69kg mark. I would be very happy with that. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Tomorrow is the weekend thank god. Its been a loooong week and I’m quite over it. G is out most of tomorrow with a friend so I have the day to myself which is kind of like a luxury (but will of course miss G desperately. Ahem). My plans are to sleep late, get up and make myself a coffee and toast and bring it back to bed where I will read my book and no one will growl me for wasting half the day (a good portion of my single life was taken up with coffee, toast and a book in bed. I do believe its my favourite place). Then I’ll go to the gym where I will probably have a really good workout as I will be nice and refreshed from the 14 hours sleep I’m hoping to get.

Then I’ll come back home, have poached eggs on toast for lunch and read lots of bridal magazines and watch American television (God how I want Elliot-off-Scrubs’ hair) and maybe do some chores (stupid shower needs cleaning, bathroom needs cleaning, ironing, kitchen floors – bah). Then G will come home and we will have maybe a nice glass of white wine (the cutting down on drinking is killing me but it means I really look forward to a glass of wine with G) and I will cook a WW dish from my new WW cookbook my friend V got me for my birthday. Am thinking red lentil and aubergine curry. Then an episode of the Tudors on DVD (a Christmas present from G – I HEART Henry XIII) or maybe a movie then bed time for more sleep. Bliss. Actually, that kind of is my perfect day.

Also at some point in the day I plan to do a big try-on. I will do these monthly at the start of the month and it will consist of basically just trying on all my ‘skinny clothes’ (oh god, its depressing to think of clothes that actually got too big for me as ‘skinny clothes’) to see where I’m at, size-wise. Which really is always more relevant than a stupid number on the scale (yes, am still sulking from my gain. If I couldn’t LOSE weight, why wouldn’t I have just stayed at 69.9???). I have two pairs of size 14 Monsoon trousers that I would like to be wearing in Boston. The last time I tried them on they did up but it was NOT pretty and they were definitely not wearable. Actually now that I think about it, I’m not entirely sure they DID do up. In any event they didn’t stay on long because the sight of it was so depressing. So there are those trousers, then there are my Gap jeans which I really do NOT like because they are quite low rise and every time I bend over they slide right down my butt (and not in a good way) which just annoys me. They just emphasise my muffin top and I spend the whole time hoiking them up because I don’t feel securely contained in them. I can’t remember what size they are (Gap have recently changed their sizes from like 8, 10, 12 etc to 32, 34, 36 etc and I just don’t know WHERE I am with that) so will check. So will do a try on of these and other clothes and hopefully I will be able to reintroduce some items in to my wardrobe because I am getting heartily sick of wearing the same clothes over and over.

Speaking of the same clothes, I am wearing today my Wallis petite size 16 trousers. They are a REALLY weird shape I have decided. They fit reasonably well around the waist (by which I mean top of the hips where they settle, they’re not waist height pants but my hips are so big that the difference between the swell of my hips and my waist is like an inch) but they are really baggy in the thigh and gunt area (for those not familiar with the term ‘gunt’ it means the pouchy bit that some ladies have and it is a cross between a gut and a, well, word ending in ~unt). Now, I do have a gunt. It is the bane of my life and is so disgusting it makes me feel ill to look at it. But these trousers must be designed for the uber-gunt as I can literally grab a very large handful of excess fabric in this area. Really weird. Anyway, hoping to not have to wear these for much longer.

On the wedding front, G and I talked last night and decided we will go with DJ Dick even though he sounds like a dick. I just want someone professional who we can rely on and who will actually tell us what to do and when on the day. I am a control freak for sure, but when it comes down to it, I would rather someone tell me what to do than have to use my initiative myself. Complex, no?

……………………

So its now Friday afternoon and I’ve just had lunch – Eat vegetarian sushi which is 4pts and a large red pepper and tomato soup, 1.5pts. I have also bought a large banana but I’m going to see how I go as to whether or not I eat it because right now I am really rather full.
G has just emailed me to tell me that this thing he’s doing with a friend has now been postponed till next Sunday which means my perfect Saturday will also have to wait. But at least I don’t have to get my own breakfast in bed (G is in many ways, nay, every way the perfect man – he gets me breakfast in bed every Saturday and Sunday. I know). So will have to think of new plans for this weekend. It will have to involve cleaning though – the place really is disgusting. And I will be going to the gym tomorrow. Also, am going to try with all my might NOT to go on the scales until Tuesday. I’ll allow myself a sneaky peek on Tuesday before my official way in day on Friday.

Still no desire to binge or cheat on my diet. Well no REAL desire anyway. Cool.

No comments: