Sunday 3 February 2008

Try-on February 2008: the results

Complete anti-climax. I tried on my two pairs of monsoon size 14 pants, my size 12 cord Zara skirt and my size 14 black Zara suit pants. I think these will be my experiement clothing items. So, the results:

1. Pair 1 size 14 Monsoon pants, light material: Go on, button up, but look HIDEOUS. Gunt alert.

2. Pair 2 size 14 Monsoon pants, heavier material: Go on better than the lighter material ones but still a whole lotta muffin going on up above. In no way are they wearable.

3. Cord Zara size 12 skirt: Waist has to go up to my ribs just to go on, but damn it, the skirt zips up. Not wearable.

4. Size 14 black Zara suit pants: A pleasant surprise, this pair. They pull across the butt but they are infinitely more wearable than the last time I tried to put them on (either 6 or 13 January, I can't remember). Not wearable at the moment but I think the next time I need to be suited up (Feb 25) they should be wearable. Thank god.

So, not a brilliant session but if I'm honest with myself, I wasn't expecting miracles. The next try on session will be in 4 weeks time (except for my Zara suit pants which I'm going to try on on 24 February, the day before I have a big work thing on, just in case they fit). I am expecting big things. Do you hear me? BIG things.

No comments: