Thursday 21 February 2008

Sick, and not in a good way

Well annoyingly, I have picked up the stomach bug which DOESN’T make you spew and lose like 3kg overnight. Annoying.

I went out with my friend E on Tuesday night and we had a great catch up. We haven’t seen each other since before Xmas and it was really nice to swap gossip. E is probably my best and oldest English friend. We met at my very first job in London and bonded over our mutual hatred of the place. And nachos and wine. We went on a few European trips together when we were both single gals but not so much since we’ve been in serious relationships.

Anyway, E has always struggled with her weight the same as me but the difference is she is looking FABULOUS and I’m still struggling. Cow. But I love her and she has her own problems and I least I can diet. She did say that I had lost weight, especially around my face. And I did feel quite slim as I was wearing my black Zara suit trousers and a pale blue slinky cardigan (also Zara) with a white cotton singlet underneath.

We went out for Turkish on Tuesday night and I tried to eat as well as I could. We shared a starter of dip and bread (the dip had lots of nuts in it but was tomato based) and then I had grilled aubergine and veges on couscous. We also started off with 2 small (175ml) glasses of wine and then shared a bottle over dinner. I felt a bit squiffy when we left the restaurant but nothing more than the usual.

So I was quite surprised when I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling like complete hell. I was really dehydrated and had a massive headache and a funny feeling tummy. I just assumed I had a mild hangover. But I had my shower and went to dry my hair and my legs felt all wobbly and I felt quick nauseous. So I decided I’d stay home for the morning and try to go in during the afternoon. I had a sleep and woke up feeling SICK I was so hungry. So I had toast and marmite and just sat around the house feeling weird. I was hungry but if I ate anything I was getting stabbing pains in my stomach. Really weird. And I had diarrhoea

So yesterday I wasn’t pointing but I hardly had my nose in the trough either. I had tomato and red pepper soup for dinner. Today has been much the same. I had to go in to work this morning to deal with some urgent stuff but I came home around lunch time and have been here ever since, feeling sorry for myself. I had toast with low fat spread for lunch and have had 2 packets of French Fries crisps and some chocolate since. So I guess you could say I’m feeling better....

I haven’t been taking the water retention tablets yesterday and today but I’m not feeling too bloaty and disgusting. I weighed in at 68kg this morning which if I can maintain that for tomorrow (chocolates notwithstanding, ahem) will mean a 500g or 1.1lb loss for the week. Not bad all things considered. We have a busy weekend this weekend with a full day wine tasting on Saturday and then no doubt a fattening pizza for dinner on Saturday night to soak up the alcohol. Then on Sunday I’m on the train up North and I’ll be up there until next Wednesday. But planning to go to the gym on Monday and Tuesday nights and living off marks and sparks salads so I’ll be keeping to my diet. My goal of a 2kg loss in 4 weeks is in my sights!

Wedding-wise nothing to report. I’m currently watching old taped episodes of ‘Perfect Days’ off the wedding channel and I’m dead jealous of the current couple who seem to have had an unlimited budget and Vera Wang personally designed her wedding dress and coat. Now that I feel like I have lost a bit of weight and I’m not so horrified by my size, I’m starting to get REALLY excited about the dress shopping. And really nervous. Because right now in my head, I have the perfect dress that I love and adore (I couldn’t describe it, it’s not like I KNOW the dress yet but while its still in the abstract, it is of course perfect) but what if the one I end up having is not perfect or not timeless or not classic?? It’s really nerve-wracking. But really exciting and I kind of hope I don’t find ‘the one’ immediately so I can go around lots of shops and try lots of different dresses to ‘get my money’s worth’ as it were.

No comments: